PDF This week (6 June – 12 June) is Child Safety Week, an annual campaign run by the Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT). According to CAPT, every day around 40 under-5s are rushed to hospital after choking or swallowing something dangerous. It can happen quickly and it can happen to anyone.
Food safety – Help for early years providers (GOV.UK) Early Years choking hazards table (Foundation Years) Early Years choking hazards poster (Foundation Years) Preparing food safely for young children (useful video) Choking avoidance poster (CAPT) Choking hazards in the home and how to avoid them (The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents)
- 1 What is the purpose of child safety?
- 2 What is a powerful quote about safety?
- 3 What does children Day stand for?
What is Child Safety Week?
Monday 5th – Sunday 11th June 2023 – Child Safety Week is an annual campaign run by the Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) to raise awareness of the risks of child accidents and how they can be prevented. The theme for 2023 is ‘ safety made simple’ and we are once again working alongside CAPT to raise awareness of the number of children that are seriously burned and scalded each year.
What is the theme for Safety Week 2023?
The theme for National Safety Day 2023 – This year’s theme is “Our Aim – Zero Harm”. The theme emphasises the significance of protecting society as a whole. The goal of the event is to cause as little harm as possible. Every year, a new theme is chosen for National Safety Day.
What is the purpose of child safety?
What is child safety? – Child safety is pretty much what it says on the tin: a specific type of safety awareness that’s specific to hazards that children face. Child safety can encompass anything to taking precautions with fire to being extra careful when crossing the road.
- Child safety is, of course, really important as it is our responsibility as adults to protect children in our care from harm.
- Until they are old enough to put preventative measures in place themselves and understand the consequences of not staying safe, adults need to have a good grasp on child safety in all its forms.
Keep on reading through this Twinkl Teaching Wiki guide to find information and resources that will continue to answer the question ‘what is child safety?’ for you!
What is a short quote for safety?
Without further ado, here’s 20 workplace safety quotes and inspirational safety messages that we’ve put together: –
- “The greatest responsibility of a leader is to give the people in your span of care grounded sense of hope for the future” – Bob Chapman, Made Extraordinary Summit
- “Safety has to be everyone’s responsibility everyone needs to know that they are empowered to speak up if there’s an issue.” – Captain Scott Kelly. (Check out Made Extraordinary Summit 2021 )
- “If you don’t know, ask. Working with people is far better than working against them — always bring together all the people and information available to you!” – Aidan O’Shannessy, The Block Site Manager
- “No Safety, Know Pain. Know Safety, No Pain.” – Author unknown
- “Paper doesn’t save people, people save people” – Dan Petersen, Safety Professional
- “Safety doesn’t happen by accident.” – Author unknown
- “When safety is first, you last.” – Author unknown
- “Check yourself before you wreck yourself.” – Author unknown
- “Accidents hurt, safety doesn’t.” – Author unknown
- “Every accident is a notice that something is wrong with men, methods, or material — investigate — then act.” – Unknown
- “One earnest worker can do more by personal suggestion to prevent accidents than a carload of safety signs.” – Making Paper
- “Safety saves sickness, suffering, sadness.” – Safety saying, circa early 1900s
- “Never stop investing never stop learning” – Captain Sully, at the SafetyCulture Virtual Summit. (Check out Made Extraordinary Summit 2021 )
- “Safety brings first aid to the uninjured.” – F.S. Hughes
- “You don’t need to know the whole alphabet of Safety. The a, b, c of it will save you if you follow it: Always Be Careful.” – Colorado School of Mines Magazine
- “Do not think because an accident hasn’t happened to you that it can’t happen.” – Safety saying, circa early 1900s
- “Carefulness costs you nothing. Carelessness may cost you your life.” – Safety saying, circa early 1900s
- “For safety is not a gadget but a state of mind.” – Eleanor Everet
- “An incident is just the tip of the iceberg, a sign of a much larger problem below the surface.” – Don Brown
- “Prepare and prevent, don’t repair and repent.” – Author unknown
- “Measuring performance by the numbers of injuries you have is like measuring parenting by the number of smacks you give.” – Dr. Robert Long
- “If you put good people in bad systems, you get bad results. You have to water the flowers you want to grow.” – Stephen Covey
- “A chain is only as long as the weakest link.” – Unknown
- “Shortcuts cut life short.” – Unknown
- “You are your last line of defense in safety. It boils down to you.” – Kina Repp
- “Luck runs out but safety is good for life.” – Author unknown
- “Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it.” – Author unknown
- “Safety isn’t expensive, it’s priceless.” – Author unknown
- “It takes leadership to improve safety.” – Jackie Stewart
- “I’m glad to see how young people are stepping up when it comes to safety. They are focused on safety rather than being told to be safe. It makes a difference when people own things.” – Scott Cam, The Block
- “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Safety is not an intellectual exercise to keep us in work. It is a matter of life and death. It is the sum of our contributions to safety management that determines whether the people we work with live or die.” – Sir Brian Appleton, Technical Adviser to the Enquiry on Piper Alpha Accident
- “The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, but the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences” – Proverbs 22:3 (New World Translation)
- “Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety” – Proverbs 11:14 (King James Version)
- “Invest in data protection, You need it nowadays.” – Author unknown
Good safety quotes can pick us up when we’re feeling unmotivated and can be a great tool to help keep your employees focused on safety. With government guidelines constantly evolving, and pandemic fatigue settling in, internal and external communications have become more important than ever.
- We need to be extra careful when speaking to teams and to customers, and ensure the messaging is clear, reliable and motivating.
- Whether you’re a leader or a team member, the easiest way to keep your team safe is to make it everybody’s business.
- Empower your teams to make safety a priority.
- Help your team do their best work, the safest way possible.
SafetyCulture (formerly iAuditor ) is a digital platform that dedicates itself to improving safety, quality, and collaboration across the organization.
What is the safety oath of the day?
Safety Pledge Different LanguagePledge Safety Pledge in English Language
“On this day, I solemnly affirm that I will rededicate myself to the cause of safety, health and protection of environment and will do my best to observe rules, regulations and procedures and develop attitudes and habits conductive for achieving these objectives. I full realize that accidents and diseases are a drain on the national economy and may lead to disablements, deaths, harm to health and damage to property, social suffering and general degradation of environment. I will do everything possible for the prevention of accidents and occupational diseases and protection of environment in the interest of self, family, community, organization and the nation at large.”
: Safety Pledge
What is a powerful quote about safety?
“Safety applies with equal force to the individual, to the family, to the employer, to the state, the nation and to international affairs. Safety, in its widest sense, concerns the happiness, contentment and freedom of mankind.” – William M. Jeffers, former President, Union Pacific Railroad Co.
(1946) “The danger which is least expected soonest comes to us.” – Voltaire, French dramatist, poet and reformer born in 1694 “At the end of the day, the goals are simple: Safety and security.” – Jodi Rell, former Governor of Connecticut “The safety of the people shall be the highest law.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher born in 106 BC “The automobile has brought death, injury and the most inestimable sorrow and deprivation to millions of people.” – Ralph Nader, car safety reform advocate (1965) “I’ve personally met up with quite a few legless, armless and other badly messed-up folks.
There’s a whole lot of mighty serious accident contemplation going on in our hospitals. My observations have taught me that it is much better to think about accidents before they happen than to brood on them afterward. Personally, I’d rather be late for dinner tonight here than to be on time for breakfast in the next world in the morning.
What is an inspiring quote about safety?
Quotes on employee safety – These quotes get to the heart of why workplace safety is vital: a business is only as good as its people. This is the reason the largest warehouses and distribution centers in North America have stringent safety standards: employees need to feel safe and comfortable to do their best work, and employers are required by law to provide a safe work environment.
- Use these quotes to remind your workers that their safety will always be your top priority.
- Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it.” — Author unknown “The safety of the people shall be the highest law.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero “How employees manage health and safety in the workplace or how labor rights are respected are issues important for employees and investors alike.
Companies can, and should, do good right alongside doing well.” — Tim Smith “You are your last line of defense in safety. It boils down to you.” — Kina Repp “Safety is not an intellectual exercise to keep us in work. It is a matter of our contributions to safety management that determines whether the people we work with live or die.” — Sir Brian Appleton “Working safely is like breathing – if you don’t, you die.” — Jerry Smith “If you don’t think it is safe, it probably isn’t.” — Jerry Smith “For safety is not a gadget but a state of mind.” — Eleanor Everet “Luck runs out, but safety is good for life.” — Author unknown “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger; Except for workplace hazards, if they don’t kill you, they can leave you with a life long disability.” — Author unknown “Do not think because an accident hasn’t happened to you that it can’t happen.” — Author unknown “Carefulness costs you nothing.
- Carelessness may cost you your life.” — Author unknown “Work injuries and illnesses can affect every aspect of life for workers and their families.” — Maine Department of Labor “Alternate tasks whenever possible, mixing non-computer-related tasks into the workday.
- This encourages body movement and the use of different muscle groups.” — Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) “I’m glad to see how young people are stepping up when it comes to safety.
They are focused on safety rather than being told to be safe. It makes a difference when people own things.” — Scott Cam “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” — Jeff Cooper “You are your own last line of defense in safety.
What is the short morning prayer for safety?
For When You’re Starting Your Day – Woman’s Day/Getty Images Lord God, I pray for Your protection as I begin this day. You are my hiding place, and under Your wings I can always find refuge. Protect me from trouble wherever I go, and keep evil far from me. No matter where I am, I will look to You as my Protector, the one who fights for me every day.
What is September child safety?
Our Partners –
What does children Day stand for?
2022 Theme: Inclusion, for every child – World Children’s Day was first established in 1954 as Universal Children’s Day and is celebrated on 20 November each year to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children’s welfare.
November 20th is an important date as it is the date in 1959 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child, It is also the date in 1989 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of the Child, Since 1990, World Children’s Day also marks the anniversary of the date that the UN General Assembly adopted both the Declaration and the Convention on children’s rights.
Mothers and fathers, teachers, nurses and doctors, government leaders and civil society activists, religious and community elders, corporate moguls and media professionals, as well as young people and children themselves, can play an important part in making World Children’s Day relevant for their societies, communities and nations.